[mrtg] Re: MRTG maxint

Robin Burger robin.burger at bms.com
Fri Nov 5 14:17:51 MET 1999

New to MRTG, and not sure if this might help, but 'Neil Calvert' sent me a
message on how to make 'external' calls from MRTG...

       target[sun_box]:`rsh sunbox:/var/scripts/mycpuscript`

so I expect that you could use an SNMP call externally, do the math and pass
it into MRTG...  Only a guess - Couldn't seem to find any documentation in
the   Official MRTG FAQ Site
http://www.ltinet.net/info/mrtg/noflashmrtg.htm

But I did find it in the '''Friendly Manuals''' that come with MRTG.

      mrtg-2.8.6/doc/config.txt((line 264))   Target[ezwf]:
`/usr/local/bin/df2mrtg /dev/dsk/c0t2d0s0`

Shows similar syntax...

Hope this helps

Robin