[mrtg] Re: UCD-snmpd / multiple MIBs

Niels Baggesen Niels.Baggesen at uni-c.dk
Wed Nov 10 21:14:32 MET 1999

On Wed, Nov 10, 1999 at 10:55:37 -0600, Joey Officer wrote:
> For anyone running UCD snmpd.

If you really think you have an ucd-snmp problem, you should post to the
ucd-snmp list: ucd-snmp at ucd-snmp.ucdavis.edu

> I've read over the manuals, and the FAQs based on UCD snmpd's package, but
> here is my problem.  I don't know which MIB file to read in.  I've tried
> HOST-RESOURCES-MIB.txt, and UCD-SNMP-MIB.txt.  the host-resources-mib.txt
> file compiles properly so that I can read the OIDs, but they all come up
> empty. ucd-snmp-mib.txt doesn't compile at all.

Your descriptions of what you do or try to accomplish are pretty vague.
Could you please post a complete transcript of what command you have tried
and how it failed.

> I'm using UCD-snmp version:  4.0.1  and I want to monitor disk/memory/cpu
> stats  I can read through the MIB file, but when I try to specify it, it
> craps out on me.  Any help would be greatly appreciated...

"craps out on me" is a very difficult diagnosis. What exactly happened?

/Niels

--
Niels Baggesen,  UNI-C,  Olof Palmes Alle 38,  DK-8200  Aarhus N,  Denmark
Email: Niels.Baggesen at uni-c.dk  Tel: +45 89 37 66 69  Fax: +45 89 37 66 77