[mrtg] Re: all in one conf or multiple?
lsheldon at creighton.edu
Wed Nov 10 22:34:31 MET 1999
> What is everyone's recommendations for whether or not to put
> all the configs into one file or keeping them in their own seperate
> file? Right now I have scripts, configs, and a shell script to call
> mrtg with the correct config all setup. What would be the benefit or
> combining those configs (or at least related configs) into one conf
The list archives are probably full of the many discussions on this subject,
but the short and definitive answer is: "It depends.".
It depends on what platform you run MRTG on (and its capcities and
capabilities), the nature of the stuff you are monitoring (lots of tidy
groups), and so on.
I run 8 "runs", each with one .cfg. Most of the .cfg's are organized
by type of stuff monitored, some are the results of breaking up
.cfg's that would not complete in 5 minutes on the platform they were
on at the time.
- L. F. (Larry) Sheldon, Jr. -
. Unix Systems and Network Administration .
- Creighton University Computer Center-Old Gym -
. 2500 California Plaza .
- Omaha, Nebraska, U.S.A. 68178 Two identifying characterstics -
. lsheldon at creighton.edu of System Administrators: .
- 402 280-2254 (work) Infallibility, and the ability to -
. 402 681-4726 (cellular) learn from their mistakes. .
- 402 332-4622 (residence) -
. http://www.creighton.edu/~lsheldon Adapted from Stephen Pinker .
* To unsubscribe from the mrtg mailing list, send a message with the
subject: unsubscribe to mrtg-request at list.ee.ethz.ch
* The mailing list archive is at http://www.ee.ethz.ch/~slist/mrtg
More information about the mrtg