[mrtg] Re: problems with disk/cpu data collections
lsheldon at creighton.edu
Thu Nov 18 21:57:58 MET 1999
> You answered it yourself - MRTG needs 2 variables to graph. if you don't
> give it 2, it don' work!
> Why not graph 2 separate disk partitions, or perhaps just graph the same
> number twice, just to provide a second variable.
> Personally I graph 2 partitions. My systems look at the root partition
> and the partition most of the applications are installed on.
And iif you really, really, REALLY, really only want one (seems like
I have at least on like that for some reason), graph the same one twice,
change the color for the second one to match the first (or I've heard you
can set it to transparent, or to match the background--transparent might be
neat, background color could create problems--I've done neither).
- L. F. (Larry) Sheldon, Jr. -
. Unix Systems and Network Administration .
- Creighton University Computer Center-Old Gym -
. 2500 California Plaza .
- Omaha, Nebraska, U.S.A. 68178 Two identifying characterstics -
. lsheldon at creighton.edu of System Administrators: .
- 402 280-2254 (work) Infallibility, and the ability to -
. 402 681-4726 (cellular) learn from their mistakes. .
- 402 332-4622 (residence) -
. http://www.creighton.edu/~lsheldon Adapted from Stephen Pinker .
* To unsubscribe from the mrtg mailing list, send a message with the
subject: unsubscribe to mrtg-request at list.ee.ethz.ch
* The mailing list archive is at http://www.ee.ethz.ch/~slist/mrtg
More information about the mrtg