[mrtg] General Question on Cisco Routers!!

Ambrose Chiu achiu at gibraltarsolutions.com
Fri Nov 19 16:37:17 MET 1999

Hi Everyone,

I am writing a report on the capabilities of MRTG and would like to know
a few things about monitoring Cisco routers. I currently don't have
access to a router I could play around with so I can't try it for
myself.

1) What kind of targets will "cfgmaker" generate when running it with a
Cisco router? Does it generate all the SNMP variables available on the
router or just the ports and interface on it??

2) There are many SNMP variables for routers and I am wondering how or
where can you find all the variable ID's and names?

Any Information on these questions would be great!!

Thanx!!

Ambrose Chiu
Linux System Analyst
Gibraltar Solutions Inc.