[mrtg] Re: bytes versus bits for the scale of the graphs

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Sun Nov 21 21:47:28 MET 1999

On Sun, 21 Nov 1999, Ian Stong wrote:

> Under the gun so don't have a lot of time to search archives so forgive me
> if a repeat post or a way too simple question.    Have some graphs that show
> the scale in Bytes and graphs for other devices that show the scale in Bits.
> Where would I set the scale so it is in Bits/sec and not Bytes/sec

Options[interface name here]: bits

Or, you can at the beginning of the .cfg file do:

Options[_]: bits

You may also want the "growright" option, this places the newest date
on the right end of the graph and is the way that (IMHO) is most sensible.

If so:

Jay Hennigan  -  Network Administration  -  jay at west.net
NetLojix Communications, Inc.  NASDAQ: NETX  -  http://www.netlojix.com/
WestNet:  Connecting you to the planet.  805 884-6323