[mrtg] Simple Questions for Cisco Routers

Ambrose Chiu achiu at gibraltarsolutions.com
Thu Nov 25 22:14:25 MET 1999

Hi Everyone,

I am looking into monitoring CPU, Memory, and Interface on a Cisco 802
with IOS 12.0(T).

I am kind of new in monitoring routers and was wondering if SNMP
variables are the same for different routers model of Cisco routers?
There are so many different mibs on the the Cisco site to download and I
don't know which one I should get. Am I correct when I say that OIDs are
IOS specific but not router model specific?? Is it good enough to use
the OLD-CISCO-CPU, MEMORY, INTERFACE-MIB.my files??

Your help is highly appreciated.

Ambrose Chiu
Linux System Analyst
Gibraltar Solutions Inc.