[mrtg] Re: MRTG-able Hubs?

Chairman of the Bored list-mrtg-talk at L7.org
Thu Sep 2 23:49:00 MEST 1999

>If they are managed, it is almost a lead-pipe cinch the use
>SNMP--question is do they use MIB II which most of the MTRG
>stuff wants.

HP AdvanceStack 100Base-T Hub(Managed)
Part Number: HPJ3233B

hp says:

Dear Mr. Schooler,
Thank you for contacting HP ProCurve Networking.

The HP advance Stack 100Base-T Hub-12TXM is a 100Mbps device,
only.  A 10Mb device will not be able to connect to it.

We are not familiar with the MRTG utility you are referrring to.
However if it, like the AdvanceStack hub, supports SNMP version 1,
you should be able to monitor network traffic through it.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance or contact us
directly at (970) 635-1000 and choose options 3 and 6 for networking
support.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Linda
HP ProCurve Networking
HP Customer Care Center

This email correspondence is subject to the Terms of Use and Legal
Restrictions documented at:
http://www.hp.com/rnd/contact/email_legal.htm

Copyright 1994-1999 Hewlett-Packard Company.

In an effort to continually foster and improve customer loyalty, we
would appreciate your candid feedback regarding the support you
received.  Not only do we value your comments and suggestions, we
frequently use your recommendations to make process improvements.  If
you would 'reply' to this message and then fill out the survey below,
you will be supplying us with the most important information we can
gather; your feedback.

Survey Questions

1.  What prompted you to choose email as a method of support for your
product?  Would you use this method again?  Why or Why Not.

2. Were your questions answered in the email response you received back?

3. What do you think about our redesigned website?

4.  What do you like most about your experience with HP Networking
Products and service?

5.  What do you like least about your experience with HP Networking
Products and services?

6.  What can we do to ensure that you continue to purchase HP Hubs and
Switches?

7.  Please add additional comments about HP Hubs, Switches or your
experience with our support in general in the space below.

Thank you for your comments/suggestions.  Please be assured, your input
is very valuable to us!

Original message follows:
-------------------------

Name: Mr. kevin  schooler
Job Title: Network Administrator
Company: Level Seven
Address Line 1: 2103 harrison nw suite 2713
Address Line 2:
Box Number:
City: olympia
State: wa
Zip: 98502
Country: United States
Phone:
E-Mail: administrator at L7.net
Source Code: EM_01
Comments:
dear sirs,

we have 8 of these:

Part Number: HPJ3233B

and would like to do the following:

a) monitor traffic though them via the MRTG
(multi router traffic grapher) utility, (uses snmp)
and would like to know if this hub supports it,

and

b) will this hub allow you to plug a 10baset device into it?
or is it 100 base t only?

thank you.
-dd

                                \\\\\//
+-=oOOo-(_)-oOOo=oo0=(_)=0oo=oOO=-(_)-=OOo=oo0=(_)=0oo=oOOo-(_)-oOOo=-+
	       Plazma Networking Services / Level Seven inc.
			    Connecting the World....
	 http://www.plazma.net http://www.L7.net http://www.L7.org         /"\
    Olympia's "one stop" InterNetworking Provider 1 (360) 357 - 7315    \ /