[mrtg] Ping-Probe Problems

Andres Tong Andres.Tong at jud.ca.gov
Fri Sep 3 07:26:33 MEST 1999

     I am running MRTG 275 and I can generate the GIF and HTML files for
     ping probe, but I am not getting any data. Perhaps I am not excuting
     ping probe via perl? I am doing this from NT 4.0 with the Ping.exe
     from Win98.

     I am concerned that maybe my syntax is wrong for the follwing lines.
     I've tried both:

     Target[www.test.com] `perl  d:\mrtg\run\mrtg-ping-probe  www.test.com`

     or without the perl statement:

     Target[www.test.com] `d:\mrtg\run\mrtg-ping-probe  www.test.com`

     Do I need to specify my perl path in the top of the ping-probe source
     code?
     If so, what is the correct path format for `d:\per\`  ?

     Anyone can help?

     -andres Tong
     Judicial Council of California
     San Francisco, Ca USA