[mrtg] Flatliners

Javier Guzman jguzman at iwl.net
Tue Sep 7 21:03:59 MEST 1999

I have installed MRTG 2.8.8  in an NT4.0 machine to monitor Nuera FRADs
(Frame Relay Access Devices). I have managed to get it started and
going.....for a while. One of the pair of variables I am monitoring goes
north, that is stops working and gives me a straight line as if MRTG cannot
aqcuire data any more. The other measurements look ok. I have checked the
snmp variables coming from the box, they are just plain 32 bits counters.
What could be the cause of the problem? I am puzzled at this point. I have
checked the variables using a snmp browsing utility and they are OK. The
manufacturer suggested that MRTG might be interpreting the variable as a
signed integer. Is there a way to correct this with MRTG? is that a factor?

Javier Guzman