[mrtg] Re: rateup dies

David C Prall dcp at dcptech.com
Thu Sep 9 20:03:43 MEST 1999

> I have MRTG 2.8.8 installed on RH Linux 6.0.  With the 2.5.5-16
kernel,
> everything ran fine.
> I have now compiled and installed the 2.2.12 kernel and am getting the
> following rateup error:
>
> PROBLEM: rateup died from Signal 8
>  with Exit value 0 when doing router 'xxx.xxx.xx.1.4'
>  code was 136, retcode was  . If this happens all the time,
>  you should probably investigate the cause. :-)
>
> What's up?
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff Fritsche

The original kernal was actually in a directory
/usr/src/linux-2.<whatever>
with a symbolic link for linux to this directory. When you uncompressed
the linux-2.2.12 file did you replace the linux directory as a real
directory. Are there symbolic links from anywhere to the original
directory rather then the linux directory, which with redhat there are.

Hope this helps,

David C Prall, MCNE MCSE          DCP Technologies
dcp at dcptech.com                       http://www.dcptech.com
dcppage at dcptech.com