[mrtg] Re: SNMPGET problem
lsheldon at creighton.edu
Thu Sep 16 02:20:05 MEST 1999
> It looks like MRTG is trying to get sysUptime and sysName in addition to the
> OIDs I specified. Since the sysName is not set, MRTG generates the above
> message. Is this default behavior? Can it be changed?
I think so. I think so. (Look in the documentation at the top of the
distribution .cfg file for "NoInfo", or something like that.)
but I also think you are barking up the wrong tree. SNMP should return
an blank. empty, or null string for unset strings, and I don't think any
of those will upset MRTG.
- L. F. (Larry) Sheldon, Jr. -
. Unix Systems and Network Administration .
- Creighton University Computer Center-Old Gym -
. 2500 California Plaza .
- Omaha, Nebraska, U.S.A. 68178 Two identifying characterstics -
. lsheldon at creighton.edu of System Administrators: .
- 402 280-2254 (work) Infallibility, and the ability to -
. 402 681-4726 (cellular) learn from their mistakes. .
- 402 332-4622 (residence) -
. http://www.creighton.edu/~lsheldon Adapted from Stephen Pinker .
* To unsubscribe from the mrtg mailing list, send a message with the
subject: unsubscribe to mrtg-request at list.ee.ethz.ch
* The mailing list archive is at http://www.ee.ethz.ch/~slist/mrtg
More information about the mrtg