[mrtg] MRTG Frame Relay graphing - frCircuitState

Neil Calvert ncalvert at cabletron.com
Fri Sep 24 17:42:38 MEST 1999

Hi all

I've been working a lot with Frame Relay devices of late, and MRTG's been doing well at modeling links. What would be nice is to graph the circuit state, too. Now this can be done out of the box using OID 1.3.6.1.2.1.10.32.2.1.3.pp.dlci (frCircuitState). The down side is that this OID will return 1=invalid 2=up 3=down - kinda like ifAdminStatus and ifOperStatus.

Tobi did a little hack to 'massage' the admin and oper values so it returned 1=up and 2=down, or otherwise hosed. Has anyone looked at this hack and modified it to work with frCircuitState? If not, how hard might this be? I'm not a coder type so I haven't rummaged through the code myself. I'd be interested to hear everyones thoughts on it though - for my money, a 'frCircuitHack' option would be real useful...

Neil