[mrtg] Re: Calculation of Average
lsheldon at creighton.edu
Mon Sep 27 20:38:13 MEST 1999
> This may have already been answered so I apologise in advance. (Side =
> note, can someone tell me where the list archives are kept?)
Discussed as recently as within the last 24 hours.
See the words that look a lot like this at the bottom of each of these
> * To unsubscribe from the mrtg mailing list, send a message with the
> subject: unsubscribe to mrtg-request at list.ee.ethz.ch
> * The mailing list archive is at http://www.ee.ethz.ch/~slist/mrtg
> I'm interested in how MRTG calculates its average value. On for example =
> a daily graph of bitsin vs bitsout, are the average values average over =
> the 24 hour period, or average between the current and last poll?
The evidence is that the first graph is a plot of the current-poll-
The next graph is a plot of the averages of the values from the first graph
in groups of 6.
And so on.
- L. F. (Larry) Sheldon, Jr. -
. Unix Systems and Network Administration .
- Creighton University Computer Center-Old Gym -
. 2500 California Plaza .
- Omaha, Nebraska, U.S.A. 68178 Two identifying characterstics -
. lsheldon at creighton.edu of System Administrators: .
- 402 280-2254 (work) Infallibility, and the ability to -
. 402 681-4726 (cellular) learn from their mistakes. .
- 402 332-4622 (residence) -
. http://www.creighton.edu/~lsheldon Adapted from Stephen Pinker .
* To unsubscribe from the mrtg mailing list, send a message with the
subject: unsubscribe to mrtg-request at list.ee.ethz.ch
* The mailing list archive is at http://www.ee.ethz.ch/~slist/mrtg
More information about the mrtg