[mrtg] Re: Newbie Questions not in the FAQ

Brad Johns brad.johns at tenauto.com
Wed Sep 29 06:51:26 MEST 1999

It is possible to get mrtg to run faster than five minutes, but 2 things
need to happen. First, you have to change your cron command time (I'll
assume you know this, or can find it somewhere) and the second thing is to
actually modify the mrtg perl script. The reason for modifying the script is
that when it generates the html pages, it sets the timeout at 300 seconds(5
minutes) and you will want to drop this to be as often as the cron job runs.
I don't remeber where exactly this is at, but I know it works, because I
have 6 different mrtg jobs that run, and 5 of them run every minute
(mrtg-ping-probe). I have an older box, so I had to split the config file up
into multiple files to finish in 1 minute.