[mrtg] Re: bandwidth statements on Cisco - OFF TOPIC

Scott Shipley scott at ci.glendale.az.us
Wed Sep 29 17:12:50 MEST 1999

"bandwidth" is used by igrp and eigrp routing protocols to calculate metric
cost on multipath links.  You use it in conjunction with "delay" to get a
higher "metric" on these type of routes.  For instance, if you have a T1 and
a 56K circuit to another network, you would set the bandwidth on the 56K to
560000 and your T1 to 1544000, and set your delay time to something around
160000 on your 56K circuit to get the higher metric. :)

Scott Shipley
Senior Network and Systems Analyst
City of Glendale, Arizona
email: scott at ci.glendale.az.us