[mrtg] Re: bandwidth statements on Cisco

Meena Chockalingam cmeena at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 29 22:54:16 MEST 1999

Hi All,

I tested it on a Cisco router yesterday. When I first brought up
a serial interface on a router, it defaulted to 1.544Mb. Then I used a
bandwidth statement to set it to 256K, and then I did a snmpwalk on ifSpeed
and it showed the 256k. So, I am positive that the
ifSpeed value gets populated with the bandwidth statement. Otherwise,
for a serial interface it defaults to T1.

thanks,
Meena