[mrtg] Re: Which SNMP ??

Justin Shore listuser at vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu
Sat Apr 1 07:40:27 MEST 2000

At 11:56 AM +1000 4/1/00, Darryl Harvey wrote:
>Ok, I am confused,
>
>Which SNMP package should I use?
>
>I want to monitor the Ethernet ports and the ppp0 port (Serial on
>ttyS0) on a RH linux v6.1/2 box
>
>ucd-snmp
>
>or
>
>cmu-snmp
>

>Any advantages / features of one over the other?
>
>Advice please.

Personally I say use UCD.  UCD was originally based off of CMU's
codebase when CMU was canned.  The UCD guys built upon that and
eventually rewrote it all, adding mucho features, speed, etc...  CMU
has back taken up again but it's still old.  Check this site for the
lowdown on it (maybe biased but still good).  Good luck!

http://ucd-snmp.ucdavis.edu/

Justin

Justin Shore       K-State Linux Distro Mirror, Sysadmin
macdaddy at vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu
<http://vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu/mirror/rpm2html>
<ftp://vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu/pub/mirror/linux>

*Internet2 Users*
<ftp://quest.ksu.ksu.edu/pub/mirror/linux>