[mrtg] How to use target with shell syntax

Jessie Bryan jbryan at geto.net
Mon Apr 10 19:33:03 MEST 2000

Hi all,

Im trying to monitor some misc. values pulled from some linux boxes.

I read teh FAQ and there is an example on cpu load via awk command.

I tried the same idea with some other commands and cannot get similiar
results. MRTG complains about expecting INTERGET but got "". I know about
this and have tried to fix the problem by replicating the command so that
there are two outputs (SAME INT). Any ideas why the values on the graphs
are all 0 ?

Target[net]: ` netstat -nt | grep -c 'tcp' ; netstat -nt | grep -c 'tcp' `

Regards,

Jessie Bryan

GETO Internet Services
Systems Administrator