[mrtg] Re: summation of ports

Congdon, Christopher CCongdon at WorkNET.net
Thu Apr 13 22:19:04 MEST 2000

Your maxbytes is for the target, not the indivudal values. Since you're
combining two values into one target, your maxbytes should be your maximum
expected TOTAL value...In this case 128K since you're combining two 64K
channels into one total.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Calvert, Neil [mailto:ncalvert at cabletron.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2000 3:00 PM
To: mrtglist (E-mail)
Subject: [mrtg] summation of ports

Hi folks

Dumb question (c)

If I have a device with two ports, A and B, which are bonded to a 128K ISDN
pipe, I use the

target[foo]: A:public at router + B:public at router

to get a total graph of the two lines. But what is the appropriate MaxBytes
setting? Do I set it to 128k for the total, or 64k for each individual? I
would think it would be 64k, since you should receive no more than 64k from
either port. But just want to be sure..

Thanks

--
Neil