[mrtg] Re: Incoming and Outgoing traffic direction

JohnMonahan at libertydiversified.com JohnMonahan at libertydiversified.com
Fri Apr 14 19:19:57 MEST 2000

To make it easy, just imagine yourself inside of the device being
monitored.  Then incoming and outgoing should make sense.

John Monahan
Network Administrator
Liberty Diversified Industries
(763) 536-6677

                    "andylow"
                    <andylow at webvisio        To:     <mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch>
                    ns.com>                  cc:
                    Sent by:                 Subject:     [mrtg] Incoming and Outgoing traffic direction
                    mrtg-bounce at list.
                    ee.ethz.ch

                    04/14/2000 10:45
                    AM

Hi,

I'm a newbie to MRTG.

I have a machine connected to one of the module/interface of a cisco router
and
I use a thrid machine to monitor the interface.

I'm confuse of the graph, does the incoming traffic ( green ) imply that
traffic from the outside world thru
the router to my machine OR my machine to the router to the outside world.
And vice visa for outgoing traffice ( blue ).

Thanks,

Andy