[mrtg] Re: Maximal 5 Minute Incoming Bits Per Second

Andres.Tong at jud.ca.gov Andres.Tong at jud.ca.gov
Fri Apr 14 21:42:08 MEST 2000

Ken,
So you are saying that the weekly's and monthly's and yearly's are not a
"Squeezed" or compressed view, but rather an average? I guess this helps explain
why my peaks become "lower" over time. Isn't this a detriment when reporting
trend info because you are not seeing the real peak utilization? If someone ask
you what the utilization 3 months ago, one would not be able to see the real
peak utilization. By the way, is there a way average graphs only for certain
work hours of the day (real usage time, so that idle time is not averaged in).
Thanks.

-Andres
Network Engineer
Judicial Council of California