[mrtg] Creating the standard 2-varible PNG image from 2 separate devices

Perkins, Larry perkins at its.gonzaga.edu
Thu Apr 20 22:02:11 MEST 2000

Hello.

I am relatively new to MRTG and I like it very much.  Thus far,
I've been able to figure out most of the nuances of getting
the graphs, titles, etc. that I wish to have.  One problem,
however, has me stumped.  We have a series of ODS concentrators
which provide a lot of nice RMON and extended MIB information.
>From this, I can get a packet count of incoming traffic to
each port, but not outgoing traffic.  This makes sense, in a
weird sort of way, since (being repeaters not switches) these
hubs transmit things that come in anywhere back out everywhere.

I can, however, get the total traffic coming from a given
concentrator as a statistic from our central switches.  The
ultimate idea is to show traffic from each concentrator port
juxtaposed against the aggregate traffic for the entire device.
This would be quite simple if I could take the "in" traffic from
the port.related.mib.variable on the concentrator and the "out"
traffic from the concentrator.related.mib.variable on the
switch and put them both into the same graph.  (I.e. two separate
stats from two separate devices) Is there a way to do this?  I've
found several things about "aggregating" data -- and tried them --
but nothing seems to work correctly.  Most of it doesn't even get
by MRTG's error parsing :-(

Any help and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!!
Larry Perkins

  LARRY PERKINS, Network Supervisor
 Snail Mail:  Gonzaga University/CCNSS
              502 East Boone Avenue
              Spokane, WA 99258-0001

 EMail:       PERKINS at gonzaga.edu

 VMail:       (509) 323-5961
              (509) 328-4220 x5961

**Note** This signature is used to impart
          contact information only; it does
          NOT indicate Gonzaga University's
          endorsement of opinions expressed
          herein.