[mrtg] Problems compiling MRTG-2.8.12 on Solaris 8 sparc

Chris Brain Chris.Brain at wanews.com.au
Mon Apr 24 17:49:21 MEST 2000

Hi,

I am yet another newbie having problems compiling.

I am running Solaris 8 on a sparc and have gcc 2.95.2 installed.

when doing a configure it finds gcc but it says that it doesn't work and the
C compiler cannot create executables. The log is :

This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

configure:547: checking for gcc
configure:660: checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works
configure:676: gcc -o conftest    conftest.c  1>&5
gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `as': No such file or directory
configure: failed program was:

# line 671 "configure"
# include "confdefs.h"

main(){return(0);}

Am i doing something incorrectly ?
Also I have previously installed mrtg-2.5.4c pre-compiled, is 2.8.12
available anywhere ?

Thanks

chris