[mrtg] Re: a little trouble with regular expression

JohnMonahan at libertydiversified.com JohnMonahan at libertydiversified.com
Mon Apr 24 22:15:22 MEST 2000

I also found something else in indexmaker with 2.8.12, using it on NT.

I played around with the -s (and -S) switches to try and sort graphs
according to their order in the config file.  No matter what I tried, it
always sorted alphabetically.  I even tried changing the defaults in the
perl script to no avail.  I did find one message in the archives about it
with no responses, but didn't look into it much further.

John Monahan
Network Administrator
Liberty Diversified Industries
(763) 536-6677

                    as108 at daimlerchry
                    sler.com                 To:     mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
                    Sent by:                 cc:
                    mrtg-bounce at list.        Subject:     [mrtg] Re: a little trouble with regular expression
                    ee.ethz.ch

                    04/24/2000 01:15
                    PM

Yes, I confirmed what was wrong, this is for everybody elses reference.
The indexmaker is screwed up in 2.8.12.
I untarred the indexmaker from 2.8.9 and copied it over the 2.8.12
indexmaker.
This worked fine!!!!!  I hope someone else finds this useful.

Andy

cc:

Subject:  a little trouble with regular expression

HPUX 10.20
MRTG 2.8.12

I call indexmaker like this

./indexmaker -t 'Title' -r 'rtrabc01' -o path/to/html/file.html
path/to/config/file.cfg

What it comes back with is an html page with entries for every interface in
the cfg file,
not just the interfaces of the rtr from the regular expression.

Anybody ever run into this???

any help is greatly appreciated.

Andy