[mrtg] ANNOUNCE: new version of 14all.cgi

Rainer Bawidamann Rainer.Bawidamann at rz.uni-ulm.de
Tue Aug 1 17:22:50 MEST 2000

I made a new version of my CGI script 14all.cgi

Version 1.0p16 is now available for download from

     http://www.uni-ulm.de/~rbawidam/mrtg-rrd/

Changes
-------

- It's now possible to run 14all.cgi under mod_perl. It's not perfect:
  you'll get some log messages "Subroutine ... redefined" every time you
  change 14all.cgi
  You might want to change the name to 14all.pl depending on your web
  server setup (you need to know how to setup mod_perl!)
- Updated for the imagedir/logdir options of mrtg-2.9.0
- uses CGI::Carp now so webserver logs have timestamp/filename
- uses \ as path delimiter insead of / on NT. This is untested, please
  report any problems.

About 14all.cgi

14all.cgi is a CGI script for MRTG [1]. With this cgi it is possible to
use rrdtool [2] as database backend with MRTG. This makes MRTG much
faster, allowing much more targets. The cgi takes over from MRTG the
part to create web pages and graphics with the messured traffic. The
graphics are created on demand, only when needed and every 5 minute for
the daily graph.

14all.cgi started as a hack to get into mrtg and rrdtool. Many people
around the world are now using it and keep sending me patches (thx) and
bug reports and wishlists.