[mrtg] SHTML and CSS Support

Merton Campbell Crockett mcc at TO.GD-ES.COM
Sun Aug 6 18:04:16 MEST 2000

I can no longer recall when I first discovered MRTG and started using it and
as the readers of this list can attest it is product that does an excellent
job.

Over the years, I have been dutifully editing each release of MRTG that I've
deployed to change the fonts, split the table below the graphs so that the
volume in bytes and the percentage utilization are reported on separate
lines, change the granularity of the percentage (some people got upset with
reporting 0.0% utilization on the Gigabit backbone so it now reports 0.01%),
etc.

In the past few years, I've established a consistent, standard "look and
feel" for our web sites using cascading style sheets and server parsed web
pages.  Every time I started looking at MRTG to see if I could modify it to
provide support for CSS and SHTML some crisis has occurred and I've never
gotten around to it.

This morning I saw a reference in the MRTG Reference to SHTML with a comment
"more about this later" but no other reference.  Is there a lag in the
documentation or is this not quite a reality?

Merton Campbell Crockett