[mrtg] Re: More Help with ucd-snmp-4.1 install

Justin Shore listuser at vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu
Fri Aug 11 06:30:09 MEST 2000

At 4:28 PM -0500 8/10/00, Daniel Villavicencio wrote:
>When I run this file:
>
>"host":/var/src/ucd-snmp-4.1>./configure --with-cc=CC
>
>I get this:

>Checking if I need to feed myself to ksh...  no
>checking for gcc... CC
>checking whether the C compiler (CC  ) works... no
>configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
>create executables.

Daniel,
	It looks like you don't have a compiler installed or
./configure can't find it in your PATH.  Is this your own box?  Try
these:

which cc
which gcc
find / -name gcc
rpm -qa |grep cc

Look through those results to see if you have any matches.  BTW, what
distro is it?  I assumed a RedHat-based Linux above.  You may need to
go to your distros FTP site and download either the development tools
(you need more than just gcc) or see if they have a precompiled
package for your system.  The UCD list may be of more help to you too.

HTH
   Justin

Justin Shore       K-State Linux Distro Mirror, Sysadmin
macdaddy at vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu
<http://vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu/mirror/rpm2html>
<ftp://vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu/pub/mirror/linux>

*Internet2 Users*
<ftp://quest.ksu.ksu.edu/pub/mirror/linux>