[mrtg] Indexmaker filter

Loretta.Freimark at ricoh-usa.com Loretta.Freimark at ricoh-usa.com
Tue Aug 15 21:26:51 MEST 2000

I have been using MRTG 2.8.12 and it's been great.  I wanted to do
something fancier with my HTML pages and tried using the indexmaker utility
with the  "-r" option to segregate my routers geographically into
individual html groups.  After many unsuccessful attempts at running
indexmaker, I discovered that it would never work and have downloaded the
new beta mrtg-2.9.0pre18 version of MRTG in the hopes that the indexmaker
utility has been fixed.  However, the format of the options for indexmaker
with this new version have all changed.  Being kind of new to Perl, and
after trying many variations, I still cannot get indexmaker to produce the
results I am looking for, which would be to just pull out one router
location and all it's interfaces that appear in my cfg file.  For example,
and there would be multiple targets for this one location each starting
with sanjose dot  something:

     Target[sanjose.5]: 5:xray at sanjose
     MaxBytes[sanjose.5]: 7000
     Title[sanjose.5]: CA_SanJose (): Serial3
     .
     .

Can someone provide me with a woking example of how to run indexmaker and
specify the  "--filter title=~regexp"
option?  TIA.