[mrtg] Still problems with complex targets (mrtg2.9.0pre18)

Roy-Magne Mo romo at interpost.no
Wed Aug 16 21:01:50 MEST 2000

Hi,

I'm monitoring som squid servers with mrtg. When I upgraded to mrtg
2.9pre16 complex targets stopped working, and so did it in 2.9pre18 -
even though that issue has been adressed in the changelog.

A failing target looks like this:
Target[squid_proxy_req]:
cacheClientHttpRequests&cacheClientHttpRequests:xxx at proxy.xxx.xx:3401

And gives a error-message like this:
WARNING: Target[squid_proxy_req]:
cacheClientHttpRequests&cacheClientHttpRequests:xxx at proxy.xxx.xx:3401
did not evaluate to an integer at /usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/mrtg line 262.
Bareword "cacheHttpHits" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at (eval
376) line 1.
Bareword "cacheHttpHits" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at (eval
376) line 1.
Operator or semicolon missing before &cacheHttpHits at (eval 376) line
1.
Ambiguous use of & resolved as operator & at (eval 376) line 1.
Bareword "xxx" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at (eval 376) line
1.
Array found where operator expected at (eval 376) line 1, at end of line
Bareword "xxxxxxx" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at (eval
376) line 1.
WARNING: Target[squid_proxy_hit] eval warning: syntax error at (eval
376) line 1, near "cacheHttpHits:"
"xx" not allowed in expression at (eval 376) line 1, at end of line

--
Roy-Magne Mo