[mrtg] fyi: local uptime/# of processes script

Robert Waldner Waldner at Austria.EU.net
Thu Aug 17 08:04:46 MEST 2000

As nearly every time I set up mrtg on some Linux-box I have to write
this little script that gets load and # of running processes because I
don´t want to depend on rather unusual programs like sar[1] and/or gaping
wide holes like rsh, I´ve now documented it somewhat and put it on
http://gfrastsackl.org/scripts/cpuinfo.sh . It also gets the _system_-,
not the snmpd-uptime.

It´s ugly, hacked-together and simply bad, so YMMV, but I think it may
help some newbies (like me! :) more than the current examples/cpuinfo/.

cheers,
&rw

1: and, seemingly, _old_ versions of that (sar. v2.0) of that, too.
--
/ Robert Waldner <Waldner at KPNQwest.at> | Phone: +43 1 89933 0 Fax x533 \
\        KPNQwest/AT tech staff        | Diefenbachg. 35   A-1150 Wien /