[mrtg] announce mrtg-2.9.0pre21 (was: "include" in mrtg.cfg?)

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Fri Aug 18 23:33:51 MEST 2000

> E.g.  I have my cron to run /usr/local/bin/mrtg /etc/mrtg/mrtg.cfg.
> mrtg.cfg contains some global commands, but then has
> statements like:
>
> Include: /etc/mrtg/router1.cfg
> Include: /etc/mrtg/router2.cfg

OK this feature is now in pre21, which I have just released on

http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/pub/beta

Change Log:
-----------

From: Lucas Nussbaum <lucas at ians.be>

 - contrib: ircstats2.pl a script used to monitor the user load on
   IRC networks.  Contrary to ircstats by Matt Ramsey, it remains
   connected to the server.

From: Tobi

 - add mask to mkdir call it seems some perls can't deal with
   the simple form ...

 - fixed forking code ... I think I got the typeglob magic right
   now.  note, when experimenting with the number of forked
   collectors, more is not always better. Eg, If you shoot two
   collectors at a single router in parallel this may prove to be
   slower than having one collector at work.  As a rule of thumb
   you might want to try a fork equivalent to the number of routers
   you are monitoring ...  (my record with forking, RunAsDaemon and
   RRDtool is 800 interfaces in 13 seconds ...

 - added the Include: keyword to the config parser as discussed on the ML

--
/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker, Timelord & SysMgr @ EE-Dept ETH-Zurich