[mrtg] Re: Cisco interface names

Tim Kennedy tkennedy at yellowbrix.com
Sat Aug 19 08:45:56 MEST 2000

If it doesn't seem to support it properly, then you might want to look in
cfgmaker for the part of the script that builds the interface names and
add a line like:

	$target =~ tr/:/-/;
or	$target =~ s/:/-/g;

That should change any : to -.

Then you won't barf on colons.   I'm not sure how the new code handles colons
for FR interfaces, or anything with subinterfaces, really, and it's been a
while since I built it.

-Tim

ps. http://www.mrtg.org/mrtg/cfgmaker-all.tar.gz has a script called
cfgmaker-all that supports building configs for different types of
subinterfaces.  it's a script i used for mrtg-2.8.11.  Your mileage may vary.

On Fri, 18 Aug 2000, Mike Wilker wrote:

> Does 2.9.0 allow colons in the interface names?  On my Cisco 7206 I have interfaces such as "serial2/0:1".  Thanks.
>
> Mike Wilker
> Director of Network Operations
> Local Link USA & Protocol Communications
>

> --

Timothy Kennedy
Network Operations Manager
YellowBrix, Inc.