[mrtg] Re: announce mrtg-2.9.0pre21 (was: "include" in mrtg.cfg?)

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Sat Aug 19 09:36:38 MEST 2000

Yesterday you sent me mail regarding Re: [mrtg] announce mrtg-2.9.0pre21...:

*> Hey Toby, you might want to clarify a couple of things (if you
*> answered this in a readme, sorry.  I haven't tried 21 yet).
*>
*> Will the Include directive honor directives like WorkDir, ImageDir,
*> Directory, etc... or will the initial config file's global Directives
*> carry over to these?  If I define a WorkDir in my initial config and
*> a Directory in one of my includes, will my files end up in my
*> WorkDir/Directory?
*>
*> What happens if I have a RunAsDaemon in one of those included configs?
*>
*> Are multiple instances of MRTG forked off to process each include in
*> parallel or is it sequential?
*>
*>
*> I haven't seen anyone ask these yet but these are the questions I had
*> after hearing about the new directive.  Like I said, I haven't yet
*> tried it to find the answers myself.  I figure the best place to go
*> for this info is 'da man himself. :-)

the include is just an include ... no magic whatsoever ...

like a #include "file" in cpp

cheer
tobi
--