[mrtg] regarding LogDir and pre21

Bjorn Nordbo bn at nextra.com
Mon Aug 21 16:45:38 MEST 2000

Is the old behaviour of storing all the stuff belonging to arparticular
target in one directory, obsoleted? To me, it seems like this is the case:

MRTG_lib::cfgcheck()
    if (defined $$cfg{workdir}) {
        ensureSL(\$$cfg{workdir});
        $$cfg{logdir}=$$cfg{htmldir}=$$cfg{imagedir}=$$cfg{workdir};

MRTG_lib::log2rrd()
    open R, "<$$cfg{logdir}$router.log" or
      die "ERROR: opening $$cfg{logdir}$router.log: $!";

I plain english: there seems to be no way of storing the log-files in
the html-dir, as used to be the default. This also seems to be the case
for the MIB-cache:

MRTG_lib::cfgcheck()
    $SNMP_util::CacheFile = "$$cfg{'logdir'}oid-mib-cache.txt";

This one is is obviously a bug, but are the log-file code also a mis-
take? In other words, should I fix this or work around it? :)

--
Bjørn Nordbø  -  IP Development  -  Nextra Norway