[mrtg] Re: regarding LogDir and pre21

Bjorn Nordbo bn at nextra.com
Mon Aug 21 17:25:43 MEST 2000

Tobias Oetiker wrote:

> *> I plain english: there seems to be no way of storing the log-files in
> *> the html-dir, as used to be the default. This also seems to be the case
> *> for the MIB-cache:
(....)

> if you just define WorkDir then all should work as it used to ...
> no bug no problem ...

I take this is the intention, however it does not work that way.
As far as I can read the code, logdir is set to workdir if the
latter is defined. End of story. There is no code appending the
directory of the router to the logdir, like in sub writegraphics():

my $rrd = "$$cfg{'logdir'}$$rcfg{'directory'}{$router}$router.rrd";

This is not hard to fix (unless I'm mistaken, and this is some
error of mine), but the behaviour is not good. In my opinion,
log-files (or RRD archives) should be stored in logdir/target.log
if LogDir is defined, and workdir/directory/target.log if not.

Am I horribly mistaken (could be; I should have left 3 hours ago)?

--
Bjørn Nordbø  -  IP Development  -  Nextra Norway