[mrtg] mrtg problem/bug ?

Denis Ahrens ahrens at pixelpark.com
Tue Aug 22 15:39:21 MEST 2000

Hello List

I have a problem which seems to be a bug of mrtg. At least I cant figure
it out.

I have the following config to get data from an Alteon Loadbalancer
(http://www.vegan.net/MRTG/alteon.html):

WorkDir: /home/ahrens/.public_html/mrtg/
RunAsDaemon: Yes
Interval: 5

Target[alteon_vs1]:
1.3.6.1.4.1.1872.2.1.8.2.7.1.3.1&1.3.6.1.4.1.1872.2.1.8.2.7.1.3.1:public at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
AbsMax[alteon_vs1]: 100000
MaxBytes[alteon_vs1]: 100000
Title[alteon_vs1]: Connections per second for virtual server 1
PageTop[alteon_vs1]: <H1>Connections per second for virtual server
1</H1>
Options[alteon_vs1]: growright
YLegend[alteon_vs1]: con/second
ShortLegend[alteon_vs1]:
Legend1[alteon_vs1]: con/s:&nbsp;
Legend2[alteon_vs1]:
LegendI[alteon_vs1]: con/s:&nbsp;
LegendO[alteon_vs1]:

But it doesnt work. The only thing happen in the .log file is:

966949987 67694 67694
966949987 0 0 0 0
966949682 0 0 0 0
966949500 0 0 0 0

and five minutes later:

966950294 67888 67888
966950294 0 0 0 0
966949987 0 0 0 0
966949800 0 0 0 0

Everything else is working fine. Iam using mrtg with ascend max, and a
cisco all that works fine.
But I cant get it to work with the alteon loadbalancer. I think this
must be a bug.

Iam using mrtg 2.8.12 and 2.9.pre21 on Solaris 8

Denis

--
Denis Ahrens                                  Phone : +49.30.5058-1744
IT-Security                                   Fax   : +49.30.5058-1600
Pixelpark AG                                      ahrens at pixelpark.com
Rotherstr. 8, D-10245 Berlin                  http://www.pixelpark.com