[mrtg] Re: Wow!!! I got MRTG up

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at MANDTBANK.COM
Fri Aug 25 21:32:03 MEST 2000

Nabil,

I depends on what you want to do...

I have a config file for each major uilding in my network, with multiple routers in each cfg file.  I have a temp cfg file that I put stuff into when I want to test, then either add it to an existing cfg file or creat a new one and then add that cfg file to the list of about 20 I execute right now.  I monitor an average of 3 elements per router, and there are some routers I monitor more than 20 elements.  If my config file gets longer than 100 items, I will break it up in to two files just to make it easier to manage, not due to any performance related issues with MRTG.

HTH,

Paul

>>> "Nabil Fares" <fares.nabil at epa.gov> 08/25/00 02:43PM >>>

Greetings,

Finally with the help of couple people from this list, I got MRTG working.
I've a question, do I have to create a *.cfg file for each router, or one
file fits all?

Thanks,

Nabil