[mrtg] Re: Please Help: My Memory Graphs are Tempermental?!?!

Keith Kruepke lister at kruepke.com
Mon Aug 28 06:03:25 MEST 2000

Jenny,

When MRTG polls the OID, it then subtracts the previous value to get the value it should graph.  (This is because, unless it is told otherwise, MRTG assumes that it is checking a counter (of traffic) that just builds with each invokation.)  In your case, you need to tell it otherwise.  The gauge option is the one you want, and it is used as such:

    Options[target]: gauge

I think this is all you need to do (someone please correct if I am wrong here).  The doc that this should be in is the config.html doc (in your ./doc directory in the MRTG distribution), so have a look at that one for more information.  There are some other good options available...

Good luck,
Keith