[mrtg] Re: rrds not up dating with 2.9.0pre23 (fwd)

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Mon Aug 28 14:33:47 MEST 2000

Today you sent me mail regarding [mrtg] Re: rrds not up dating with 2.9.0pre23:

*>
*> Ted Frohling wrote:
*> > I downloaded 2.9.0pre23 and had been using 2.8.12 with the rrdtool
*> > backend.
*> > I changed my config files to reflect the change from userrdtool to
*> > logformat: rrdtool.
*> >
*> > After some testing, I noticed that my old rrd files were not being
*> > updated.  Do
*> > I have to dump my old files and have the new version create new rrd
*> > files and then
*> > load the new rrds with the old xml data?
*>
*> I don't think that should be neccesary, but maybe it would helt you
*> to turn on some debugging in mrtg (ie. base). One possibility is that
*> MRTG does indeed update the RRDs, but not the RRDs you want. I had
*> some similiar problems in migrating from 2.8.12 to pre21, as some of
*> the logic had changed slightly (I don't remember exactly what caused
*> the problem).

the rrd format has not changed since rrdtool 1.0 and will not until
1.1 ... it should work ...  turning on the debugging in the mrtg
script would be good ... please let me know if you find the reason
for your problem so that I can update either code or documentation

cheers
tobi
*>
*> Just my 0.01 cents...