[mrtg] Re: E-mail Alarm for MRTG.

Keith Kruepke lister at kruepke.com
Mon Aug 28 15:46:09 MEST 2000

Jack,

I don't think this e-mail notification is a function of MRTG.  It is probably a function of your cron daemon.  Usually cron e-mails the error output from a job to the owner of the job.

If you want notification to go to your personal e-mail, you can probably set MRTG to run from your account (rather than root) in cron, depending on how the system is set up.  Your account would then obviously need write access to the directories that MRTG is updating.  There may be other caveats that I am missing, but I think it should work to run as a non-root account.

Good luck,
Keith