[mrtg] Lucent problem

Erik Denny erik at logical.net
Tue Dec 5 06:50:27 MET 2000

I'm using the included PMlines.pl, but it would appear that there is a
possible timeout problem?

here is what I get:

[mrtg at mrtg mrtg]$ ./mrtg cfg/ftp-pm4.test
Could not get any data from external command '/usr/local/mrtg/PM3Lines.pl
test at foo.com'
Maybe the external command did not even start. (Illegal seek)

I'm using the default wrapper that came with PMlines

But if I run the perl itself, without the wrapper script-

[mrtg at mrtg mrtg]$ ./PMLines.pl test at foo.com
72
0
56 days, 16:56:04
pm4

It takes anywhere from 10-15 seconds for it to run.  This is when it's
only at 30% or less utilization, also.

Is this a timeout, or is there something else going on?

This is a PM4 running ComOS 4.2 that has about 360 ports on it, and
climbing.

..erik