[mrtg] Re: CPU utilization

Garth K. Williams gwilliams at quack.com
Tue Dec 5 23:08:32 MET 2000

I agree with John, and wholeheartedly recommend using vendor specific MIBS
wherever possible.  Where SNMP4NT really shines is when you are using a
"non-manageble" system, or need to get stats that cannot be derived from a
pre-existing MIB.

Good Luck!

Garth K. Williams, MCSE, MCP+I, CNA
Williams Technology Consulting Services
Email: garth.williams at wtcs.org
Web: http://www.wtcs.org

Home of the "SNMP for the Public Community" Web Site
Support site for SNMP, Windows 95/98/NT/2000,
NetWare, MRTG and Network Management
Check out SNMP4NT, an enhanced Windows NT
Performance Monitor MIB (over 35 stats)!!