[mrtg] Re: Monitoring more than one router

Daniel R . Kilbourne drk at voyager.net
Thu Dec 7 14:26:32 MET 2000

Do you want to show each router on the graph - as in having 6 different lines and 4 different lines? If so, it cannot be done with mrtg - you could look into rrdtool (http://www.rrdtool.org) and it's graphing abilities.

If you want to add them up (as in add up the iinputs and outputs) then it is possible. You just need to add up the Targets.
This is pulled right from http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/reference.html :

Multi Target Syntax

You can also use several statements in a mathematical expression. This could be used to aggregate both B channels in an ISDN connection or multiple T1s that are aggregated into a single channel for greater bandwidth. Note the whitespace arround the target definitions.
Example:

Target[ezwf]: 2:public at wellfleetA + 1:public at wellfleetA * 4:public at ciscoF

Reading http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/reference.html (and all other documentation linked off of http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/mrtg.html is pretty much a necessity if you are going to continue working with mrtg (in other words, RTFM :)

Adriano Madella Amadei extolled:
> I just set up MRTG yesterday and at the moment I have set up MRTG to monitor
> one router. I want to set it up to monitor 5 routers, but I want to generate
> two reports/graphs:
>
> One reports/graph for 2 routers
>
> One reports/graph for 3 routers
>
> If there is anybody doing this at the moment could they advise me on what
> would be the best way to go about this,
>
> Thank you very much in advance,
>
> adriano
>

> --