[mrtg] MRTG interface names on Cisco

Jason McMullen jasonmrtg at jersey.net
Mon Dec 11 08:57:41 MET 2000

Hi All,

I searched and searched for this answer, but couldn't find it.  With older versions of MRTG that we had running, all the interfaces for our routers we monitored showed up with the interface name (such as atm4/0.202) and the dns hostname for each thing in the config.  With the version we have running now 2.9.1, it only shows the interface name.  I tried setting the ifref=ip and that just lists the ip address, it doesn't do a reverse DNS lookup on it.  I know i'm just being a bonehead here, but what am i missing?

Thanks in advance

Jason