[mrtg] early access to mrtg 2.9.5

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Mon Dec 11 13:11:10 MET 2000

Folks,

I have packaged mrtg 2.9.5 ... it is available on
http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/pub/beta

It has not seem much testing so I would be glad is some
enterprising individuals would care to see if it does what they need
... If I don't get any new bugs this package will be moved to
http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/pub tomorrow ...

On another note, rateup has been changed, so I need the new code
compiled on windows ... any volunteers ?

cheers
tobi

PS: Thanks to all the friendly people who have recently visited my
    CD/DVD wish list ... its really encouraging to see how many
    appreciate my work ...

Changes 2.9.5
-------------
From: Jakob Ilves <jakob.ilves at oracle.com>
 * rewrote  --ifdesc in cfgmaker ... there are many more options
   now

From: O'Shaughnessy Evans <oevans at acm.org>
 * fixes for cfgmaker (--help, --noreversedns and version param)
 * fixes for indexmaker (--help, --version, added man info on
   section=descr)

From:  Do Jong Gwan <daker at metri.re.kr>
 * rules for activating threshold checking were not ideal ...
   (often it did not get activated when it should)

From: Tobi
 * removed extra space in hrefs in indexmaker pages
 * make configure catch missing gd.h
 * make sure no two mrtg daemons run on the same cfg file in parallel.
 * proper exit values for cfgmaker and indexmaker
 * rewrote threshold checking to be more perlish
 * thresholds can now be specified in % of maxbytes to activate this,
   they must end in '%'

From: Tobi & Luiz Encarnacao <lfencarnacao at hotmail.com>
 * All translations had bad formating in the credit line (extra
   font and td tags)

From: Justin Schoonover <JustinS at dis-corp.com>
 * Make Rateup honour the yticsf properly

From: Tobi
 * Removed 14all.cgi from the contrib section and replaced by a pointer
   to Rainers website. This ensures that people get the current version
   and not some outdated code from my contrib archive.

From: Curtis Doty <Curtis at GreenKey.net>
 * add refresh and expiery to indexmaker pages
 * fix rateup.c to honor weekformat when drawing grid lines "Format U"

From: Tobi & Mac Daddy <macdaddy at vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu>
 * New BodyTag configurable lets you customize the webpages <body ..> tag

From: Alex <alex at nac.net> and Tobi
 * fix for external data sources sending "" as response breaking
   the logfile problem