[mrtg] Re: RRDtool frontends

Tim Kennedy tkennedy at yellowbrix.com
Fri Dec 15 19:44:38 MET 2000

It depends on your own use and preference, I guess.

I rather like the MRTG displays, and therefore prefer MRTg as my rrdtool
frontend.

I also like the information that the SE ToolKit provide, and therefore
like using Orca as a front end, with orcallator.se replacing percollator.se.

Flowscan also does neat things with cflowd data.

If you have some free time, or maybe are looking for something to do
on the weekend, why not try them out and see which one provide the highest
level of ffunctionality that you are looking for, with the lowest complexity
of configuration?

my $0.02,

-Tim

On Fri Dec 15, 2000 at 07:36:59PM +0100, Robert Majksner wrote:

> If did I consider these tools as a replacement for MRTG, which one you would
> recommend me? The question is why I should do this? My colleage preferes
> cricket frontend for RRDtools. I ask you for advice.
>
> Regards,
>
> Robert Majksner
>
> r.majksner at vipnet.hr
>

> --