[mrtg] Re: Cisco 2600 and DSL

Barry Young byoung at europe.chep.com
Wed Dec 20 10:02:46 MET 2000

Excuse my ignorance, but I miss the connection between DSL and ATM?  So, I've
provided details for the ATM aspect, which I hope may assist you.

We are successfully monitoring ATM PVCs that are connected to a Cisco 3640.  As
we have multiple PVCs on each IMA interface, we monitor the IMA interface itself
(ie. ATM0/1) for the total traffic and then each individual PVC (ie.
ATM0.1/4252) at the aal5-layer.

For ease of reference we specifiy the PVC by IP address (in case it gets moved).
The ATM IMA interface is specified by interface number for simplicity. Please
find the following example: -

Target[router_atm0]: 1:comm at 1.2.3.4
Target[router_pvc]: /216.40.48.150:comm at 1.2.3.4

HTH

Regards,

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          "Casey       |
|        |          Mueller"     |
|        |          <casey at gcentr|
|        |          al.com>      |
|        |                       |
|        |          20/12/2000   |
|        |          01:08        |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Barry Young/WEY/EU/CHEP)                       |
  |       Subject:     [mrtg] Cisco 2600 and DSL                       |

Has anyone been able to successfully monitor each individual customers
interface with MRTG?? ex: ATM1/0.VCI#

Casey