[mrtg] Re: Help:monitoring var

manjunath ramaiah manjunath.ramaiah at wipro.com
Thu Dec 21 07:28:56 MET 2000

Hi ,
Thanks for the help .  I do not have any other mib for the interface and the
agent does not support  mib2 also . Also the card is 1 way and it can receive

only . So i need to graph only the receive varaible which is availble in the
mib .

 If i give the same oid as oid1 and oid2 then 2 gets will be made  even if i
make
maxbytes2 to zero .  so  still i get resource unavailabe problem right ?
if i can make the agent fast ( avoid resource unavailbe prb) ,
then i can give same oid as oid1 and oid2 but still i need to make maxbytes2
zero to avoid plotting same var twice . ? MRTG does not detect that both oids
are same
and ignore the second one .

So  if i need to plot only one var then ,  i have to make maxbytes2 zero and
whatever the oid i give as oid2 does not matter . It may be same oid or
something else . giving same oid twice has no advantage right ?

Pls advice .

Thanks a lot
Manjunath