[mrtg] external data not being logged properly

lucas at omsoft.com lucas at omsoft.com
Thu Dec 21 21:18:09 MET 2000

I am using mrtg 2.9.1 on a Win2000 Server system, and I am creating my own mrtg
data for several graphs. Some of the graphs use values that are "status" like
and work fine with the "gauge" option. However, for graphs that use ever-
incrementing counters don't work properly. For example, I am monitoring
requests to my web site my counting the number of lines in an access log. Here
is the data file:

---
130762
0
12:00:02   Up 6 days 11:19:56   0 connections
[machine name]

---

My config looks like this:

---
Target[dhyana_http]:`type d:\temp\dhyana_httprequests`
MaxBytes[dhyana_http]: 100
Options[dhyana_http]: integer, nopercent, growright
AbsMax[dhyana_http]: 1000
Unscaled[dhyana_http]: ymw
YLegend[dhyana_http]: HTTP Requests
ShortLegend[dhyana_http]: Requests
Legend1[dhyana_http]: HTTP Requests
Legend2[dhyana_http]:
---

This produces a log file which has the first line correct, but the following
lines are all zeros. Is there a bug related to this or am I using it
incorrectly?

Lucas